The handcrafted PFM is alive and well at Kuwata Pan Dent! Our technicians provide expertly fabricated PFMs, the timeless standard for dental restorations. They are crafted by fusing a highly esthetic layer of feldspathic porcelain to a substructure of high-quality metal alloy. Our technicians use their decades of expertise to carefully hand layer porcelain, ensuring the highest esthetic outcome. Our PFM restorations are hand waxed, cast and fitted to provide proper support for the ceramic overlay and to ensure the precise fit that we are known for.
- High rate of clinical success
- Beautiful esthetics
- Most intimate fit
Our PFMs can be used for crowns and bridges (up to fourteen units). PFMs can be manufactured to nonprecious, semiprecious, and yellow high noble copings and can be used in conjunction with cast partials and implants.
Contraindicated when the patient has a metal allergy or when the size of the tooth pulp is negligibly smaller, thus compromising the tooth preparation process. It is also contraindicated when the clinical tooth crown is very short and lacks the required stability including retention that is enough to provide the space for porcelain and metal.
The ideal preparation for PFMs is a chamfer margin preparation. If a porcelain labial margin is prescribed, then a shoulder margin preparation is required.
- Panavia 21 – tin plated
- Glass ionomer cement (GC Fuji, GC America)
- Zinc Phosphate Polycarboxylate
- Resin Ionomer cement (RelyX, 3M ESPE)
If an adjustment is required on the ceramic, use a fine diamond with water and air to keep the crown cool. To contour the ceramic, polish with a pink rubber wheel and diamond polishing paste (Brasseler, Shofu, Vident).
- D2750 Crown Porcelain fused to high noble
- D2751 Crown Porcelain fused to nonprecious
- D2752 Crown Porcelain fused to semiprecious
- D6750 Crown Porcelain fused to high noble (bridge units)
- D6751 Crown Porcelain fused to nonprecious (bridge units)
- D6752 Crown Porcelain fused to semiprecious (bridge units)