Choose our porcelain-fused-to-zirconia restorations when your patients require the advanced esthetics that are not afforded by monolithic zirconia. They are created by layering beautiful porcelain over a zirconia substructure and provide both strength and esthetics. Their strength is comparable to PFMs, but completely eliminate the dark line that can appear along the gingiva. Our technicians are trained in the proper use of CAD/CAM technology to ensure an ideal fit for every PFZ restoration.
- Provide masking for darker stump shades
- Hypoallergenic and biocompatible
- Lifelike color
A CAD/CAM substitute for traditional PFM, our porcelain-fused-to-zirconia can be used for anterior and posterior crowns, crowns over implants, and bridges of up to fourteen units.
- Attachment cases
- Cases with less than 1 mm clearance
- Patients who have broken a PFM crown
- Cases that require bonding
The ideal preparation for PFZs is a chamfer margin preparation. If a porcelain labial margin is prescribed, then a shoulder margin preparation is required.
- Resin Ionomer cement (RelyX or RelyX Unicem, 3M ESPE)
- Maxcem Elite (Kerr)
- Panavia F 2.0 (Kuraray) - ideal for short, tapered preparations
- Glass ionomer cement (GC Fuji, GC America)
If an adjustment is required on the ceramic, use a fine diamond with water and air to keep the crown cool. To contour the ceramic, polish with a pink rubber wheel and diamond polishing paste (Brasseler, Shofu, Vident).
- D2740 Crown - porcelain / ceramic substrate